Disclaimer: I really shouldn’t be posting this review because eebee’s adventures is my client and I don’t review children’s books. However, as one who has worked with numerous toy products for many years and who has seen an array of products that range from the insultingly tacky and cheap to high-quality and innovative, I felt I should–more as an FYI to readers with babies and toddlers–write about these cloth books, which are visually stunning and fabulously interactive for little ones.
- eebee's Peek-a-Boo Adventures: On the cover of this book you see the eebee face peeking out from closed curtains, open them and voila--eebee! Inside the book, look for eebee behind a silky purple scarf, inside a big, shiny raincoat, and behind a movable stack of soft blocks. With this book, babies can explore textures and anticipate outcomes, there's no hiding the opportunities for playful skill-building in this exciting search.
- eebee's Having a Ball Adventures: Babies will play around with some big ideas in this adventure: up, down, over, under, in, out . . . and my turn—your turn. This interactive book includes a soft, tethered ball, inviting babies to exercise social, motor, language, and thinking skills in games from catch with eebee to basketball.
- eebee's Laundry Time Adventures: Babies will explore words, sounds, and textures; exercise fine-motor skills; play imaginatively . . . and get the laundry done. Interactive play activities include taking towels out of the laundry bag and putting them "into the washer"; spinning the peek-a-boo washing-machine wheel; hanging eebee's pajamas on the line; and putting them away in the drawers
- eebee's Hugs and Splash Adventures is a two-book set in which each book is also a game: All About Me & You is all about eebee's body, and a baby's body too. Fold-out the book-sized mirror to "look and play" along with eebee. Exercise your baby's social, motor, language, and thinking skills, exploring the body from head to toe! Eebee's Bath Time Adventure is sure to float a baby's boat. Open the book and place it cover-up in the tub. Watch eebee float! Submerge the book to fill the squirter and then squeeze it for a gentle spray. Press eebee's tummy—squeak—eebee's all clean. As eebee takes a bath, every baby will play and learn with water.
eebee's adventures come from the Every Baby Company whose mission is to help parents and babies transform everyday play and exploration into learning that lasts, providing ideas and tools that are catalysts for play. These new books reflect this approach and the philosophy that every baby learns by exploring his or her surroundings.
- “Beyond fabulous. Each is its own play set.” Seven Dogs & a Baby
- “fabric, interactive, and oh so soft…” Mama Manifesto
- “Really top notch.” Classy Mommy
- “Skills are sharpened and imaginations soar…” eebeediaries
- “super great… engaging for infants and entertaining for toddlers, too.” The Opinionated Parent